Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes

Oh, how I spoil my little sister, R. Last time it was banana pancakes and this time it's these from the King Arthur Flour site. Maybe I don't mind because it involved baking and testing new recipes or perhaps because I'm leaving her soon and I won't be able to spoil her even if I were inclined to. Or maybe because I offered to make Blueberry. Pancakes. Now, if I'm being honest I'd never had them before but I had nice large berries in the fridge to use up before they'd go bad and R needed brunch so.... These were so good! They baked up nice and light and golden with that yummy, familiar pancake flavor and strong burst of blueberry flavor. That made it a homerun especially since blueberry isn't my favorite berry. They were super easy to whip together. For simple transfer of batter to skillet, I used a muffin scoop, which made nice large cakes. The only thing I'd caution is to make sure that they are thoroughly cooked as I found that it was still slightly undercooked around the blueberry area. Serve with maple syrup, real please, or as I like to enjoy them.. plain!

Blueberry Pancakes

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp oil
3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen


Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir together with a whisk.

Combine the wet ingredients and pour them over the dry mixture.

Mix together, taking care not to overdo it. Allow the batter to rest while you preheat your pan.

Drop the batter onto the pan in a bit less than quarter cup-fuls and top with a few blueberries. Flip to cook on the other side.

R's brunch!

No comments: