Thursday, November 22, 2012

Blond Butterscotch Toffee Brownies

Back in the summer, I hit up Walmart and brought back some mini chocolates for a friend. Well, that friend never claimed them so I figured I'd bring them to my soldiers. They'd never say no to American chocolates. But then I had a better idea... Bake with them! I brought back Butterfingers, Crunch Bars and Heath bars and decided that the Heath candies would be the best candidate for a bar cookie. I found a simple recipe in A Taste of Home's Church Supper Desserts book and quickly threw them together. Humble and unassuming as they are, these were the first to run off the plate when I brought them to my soldiers. These come together really quickly with just a bowl and a whisk. Next time you have chocolate bars just hanging around, you'll know just what to do!
Blond Butterscotch Toffee Brownies
From A Taste of Home Church Supper Desserts

2 cups flour
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
4 Heath candy bars, chopped

Preheat your oven to 350. Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, beat the margarine, eggs and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Spread into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate and candy and press gently into the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool and cut into bars.

No comments: